Core Funding Bodies
In 2017, the Premier of Western Australia announced a series of Machinery of Government changes to the public sector commencing with the amalgamation of a number of government departments.
These structural changes are aimed at creating collaborative departments focused on whole-of-government objectives and delivering services in a more efficient and effective way.
The Department of Communities comprises several existing agencies and their components, including:
- Department for Child Protection and Family Support
- Department of Housing (including Housing Authority)
- Disability Services Commission
- The communities component of the Department of Local Government and Communities
- Regional Services Reform Unit
- The regional coordination and engagement component of the former Department of Aboriginal Affairs.
Visit the website: https://www.communities.wa.gov.au/
The Mental Health Commission strives to establish mental health, alcohol and other drug systems that meet the needs of Western Australia’s population and deliver quality outcomes for individuals and their families.
A Western Australian community that experiences minimal alcohol and other drug-related harms and optimal mental health.
To be an effective leader of alcohol, drug and mental health commissioning, providing and partnering in the delivery of person-centred and evidence-based:
- Prevention, promotion and early intervention programs;
- Treatment, services and supports; and
- Research, policy and system improvements.
Visit the website: www.mentalhealth.wa.gov.au
Every day Lotterywest gives West Australians a chance to dream by playing a range of lottery games. As well as selling our games and handing out millions of prizes to winners, we are unique in Australia as the only lottery to directly support the community through our grants.
Every time you play Lotterywest games, you help support thousands of grants for not-for-profit organisations and local government authorities, as well as health, sports and arts sectors through our statutory funding.
Lotterywest has proudly supported the community for over 80 years and remains committed to our vision to build a better Western Australia together.
Visit the website: http://www.lotterywest.wa.gov.au/