Pt Lot 503, Jurien Bay Recreation Reserve, Jurien Bay WA 6516 Australia
504 Jurien Bay Vista Jurien Bay Western Australia 6516 AU
Jurien Bay Community Men’s Shed (JBCMS) aims and objectives:
- To address the issues of men’s mental, physical, and emotional health and wellbeing in the community.
- To engage the elderly, differently-abled, youth, veterans, indigenous and other groups of men from Jurien Bay and surrounds and to specifically address any issues of loneliness, isolation and depression.
- To support the social interaction of men in transitional periods (e.g. separation, redundancy, bereavement, retirement, ill health, relocation and respite care).
- To share, disseminate and preserve the skills, abilities and interests of men that are relevant to the community.
- To facilitate links between men and health-related agencies, family organisations and specialist health professionals within the community.
- To advocate the benefits of partnerships between men’s sheds and community.
- To develop a Men’s Shed which can operate on a cost-neutral basis, that is, its ongoing costs can be met or exceeded by its revenue.
- To initiate and continue activities of particular relevance to men.
- To provide strong social fabric for men experiencing isolation.
- To establish an Associate Membership group, involving women interested in manual arts and crafts.
Meetings 1st and 3rd Monday each month at 5.00pm
Weekly Morning tea on Mondays at 9.30am
9652 2848 or 0475 516 288
Support groups with online meetings available