Jurien Bay Community Men’s Shed (JBCMS) aims and objectives:
- To address the issues of men’s mental, physical, and emotional health and wellbeing in the community.
- To engage the elderly, differently-abled, youth, veterans, indigenous and other groups of men from Jurien Bay and surrounds and to specifically address any issues of loneliness, isolation and depression.
- To support the social interaction of men in transitional periods (e.g. separation, redundancy, bereavement, retirement, ill health, relocation and respite care).
- To share, disseminate and preserve the skills, abilities and interests of men that are relevant to the community.
- To facilitate links between men and health-related agencies, family organisations and specialist health professionals within the community.
- To advocate the benefits of partnerships between men’s sheds and community.
- To develop a Men’s Shed which can operate on a cost-neutral basis, that is, its ongoing costs can be met or exceeded by its revenue.
- To initiate and continue activities of particular relevance to men.
- To provide strong social fabric for men experiencing isolation.
- To establish an Associate Membership group, involving women interested in manual arts and crafts.
Meetings 1st and 3rd Monday every month.
Weekly Morning tea on Mondays at 9.30am