PESP is for family members, partners, carers or friends of a person with an eating disorder. PESP is a structured one-day workshop which aims to provide information about the nature of an eating disorder and recovery in order to help people gain a deeper understanding of what their loved one may be experiencing, acknowledge and strengthen communication within the family and the importance of personal self-care.
Kids Cancer Support Group (KCSG) is a not for profit organisation that is dedicated to connecting, supporting, and enriching the lives of kids diagnosed with cancer and other blood disorders at Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH) in Perth, Western Australia. This is all-encompassing support ensuring we include the whole family.
ME/CFS and Lyme Association of WA Inc. (formerly ME/CFS Society of WA, Inc.) was incorporated in 1997 and is Western Australia’s peak organisation for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS). We also provide support to those with Lyme disease (Borreliosis), co-infections, and the Australian Lyme-like illness yet to be fully characterised.
We serve the WA ME/CFS and Lyme community, including patients, carers, family members, researchers, and medical professionals.
In brief, we undertake the following activities:
- Provide information and peer support.
- Run a peer support group, and always aim to set up more.
- Host events and seminars (including researchers from Murdoch University, UWA, NCNED).
- Provide opportunities for people to share stories, join our media register, share lived experiences, and be heard (through surveys and forms)
- Distribute donated goods to those in need.
- Participate in international awareness including May12th International ME/CFS Awareness Day and #MillionsMissing.
- Advocacy (Senate Inquiry submissions and co-signed national letters to government).
- Newsletter and Facebook Page news and information dissemination.
Support research around WA and Australia-wide with information seminars and participant recruitment. (e.g.: hosted research update seminars for Murdoch Uni, UWA, NCNED).
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ME.CFS.Western.Australia/
Subscribe to newsletter at http://eepurl.com/ceaYT9
To provide support and information to people with Parkinson’s and their families and to connect them in with local services.