HelpingMinds offers free and confidential support to the family and friends of people living with mental health challenges, across Western Australia. Previously known as ARAFMI, we have been around for more than forty years.
When someone close to you changes because of mental ill-health you may feel a mix of emotions, including anger, loss and sadness. This can be a difficult and isolating experience. It’s normal to have questions around how you can best support the person you care for. We are here to help.
HelpingMinds offers the following services:
- Assistance and support through the NDIS
- Counselling and support groups for family and friends of people living with mental illness
- Phone counselling for people in regional and remote WA on 1800 811 747
- Early intervention programs for children and young people (City of Swan, Geraldton, Carnarvon, Broome)
- Mental health programs for schools and the community
- In-school counselling for students aged 8-17
- Helping family and friends to understand their rights and have their voice heard