ME/CFS and Lyme Association of WA Inc. (formerly ME/CFS Society of WA, Inc.) was incorporated in 1997 and is Western Australia’s peak organisation for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS). We also provide support to those with Lyme disease (Borreliosis), co-infections, and the Australian Lyme-like illness yet to be fully characterised.
We serve the WA ME/CFS and Lyme community, including patients, carers, family members, researchers, and medical professionals.
In brief, we undertake the following activities:
- Provide information and peer support.
- Run a peer support group, and always aim to set up more.
- Host events and seminars (including researchers from Murdoch University, UWA, NCNED).
- Provide opportunities for people to share stories, join our media register, share lived experiences, and be heard (through surveys and forms)
- Distribute donated goods to those in need.
- Participate in international awareness including May12th International ME/CFS Awareness Day and #MillionsMissing.
- Advocacy (Senate Inquiry submissions and co-signed national letters to government).
- Newsletter and Facebook Page news and information dissemination.
Support research around WA and Australia-wide with information seminars and participant recruitment. (e.g.: hosted research update seminars for Murdoch Uni, UWA, NCNED).
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ME.CFS.Western.Australia/
Subscribe to newsletter at http://eepurl.com/ceaYT9